Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Studio Renovations & Evolutions - Sneak Peak!

Ta da ! ! ! ! ! Today the electrician came in to install the lights....I'm trying to forget the part where he tried to rip me off about sanding down my door for me (He didn't ask if I would like him to fix it - he just went and got a file and filed my door, and then asked me for extra money!?!?!?!?!?!?!)  Anyways...When I first started my business in 2009, I was living in Los Angeles - in Koreatown, and I used my Dining Room as my studio. Remember this? And this? 

Because of the book shelves, I couldn't install wall lighting BUT fortunately for night time I had a ceiling fan light that was really bright, and then I have the vanity light plus a desk lamp (albeit a very nice and chic looking desk lamp lol) My travel cases were enough to fit everything back then. My kit grew with different kinds of products/skin care..and I think the biggest 'growth' factor is really the hair stuff!  My first set-up was a very humble set-up.  I was assured by fellow makeup artists that my set up, while humble, is very normal and I should not feel embarrassed by it! :)  Fast forward to 2010 when I relocated to Mountain View...Actually I took the photos but never bothered uploading them so here they are for the very first time!!! 


Another rental unit, but I found some temporary lighting solutions from Ikea - You can see that it's not too attractive because the lights go into a plug - which made the lighting installation today totally epic!!! :D  Anyhow....The paintings you see on the wall are painting by Me! :D  And I also added some display to the work. I also invested in a Zuca bag as my kit~ and then ....hair products and more stuff. :D Nail products for backup~ And 2 small side tables.  Oh and this is a town home rental so the entire bottom floor has a Kitchen, but the rest of the area is for my studio and office. My computer (not shown) was in the other corner which makes it convenient to show clients stuff if need be.  And behind is a comfy leather couch for guests' significant other or friend.  So...Right now in my room there's no couch, but I do have a nice chair for guests' friend to sit! 
For a time being, I decided that I would select out brushes and JUST use those~ it's a pretty good idea for a bridal trial! :D  A little display for my business card and my 2 vendors ~ ;D 
And....Drum roll!  This is a sneak peak of my current set up!!! :D :D :D  Taken with my iphone~ sorry for the bad quality!  Super excited!! I covered the brushes after I took the photo!  I became a label freak but it's a GOOD thing to be neat and clean, I think! :P I'm in love with the long table set up~~~ and the drawers and the baskets~ <3 Now all I need is to do some makeup! :D


4 comments:

Tammy said...

Yayy!!! Congrats on your new studio Liz!! I rikey the long table too with the shelving and drawers and baskets...I'm dying to see what's in them actually XD

ARE YOU GONNA SHOW US ONE DAY?! :D :D :D

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

:D when it's all organized lol~ lol to the caps Tammy lol

p chan said...

Room tour pls! Hahaa :p

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

awww! room tour soon! ;D you know there's a bed/treatment table on the other side, right? ;) *wink wink*