Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Men's Grooming featuring Mayer Marx @ Ford Models


Models: Mayer Marx @ Ford Models
Makeup & Hair/Men's Grooming: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography: Novi Angelomio
The Best Reflector Holder in the world: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) (!! lol)

Oops! I forgot to blog about these! :)  It was one of my favorite shoots to date! The top black and white photo is my absolute favorite from this set!  It's just so emotive...! I was holding the reflector board for Novi, and after that she told me that I'm the BEST reflector holder ever! And I take great pride in being great at that! lol!  Seriously though - it does make a huge difference in terms of contrast and I'm proud to have contributed to the shot in addition to doing the men's grooming.  This is also the first photo shoot that took place in new Critterville (my humble abode!) and I was super excited that the color of the exterior to my building worked perfectly for the shoot!

Mayer is one of the most professional models I've worked with and I was really impressed by how he organized his wardrobe for the shoot.  Everything was perfectly folded and organized accordingly in his bag.  Because I was done with the men's grooming earlier than anticipated, we were waiting for Novi to arrived and in between I had more time to talk to him about proper skin care and sun block and Mayer asked me what he should buy and where he can buy the right products, and ended up buying them!  :)  That makes me super happy too because healthy skin is beautiful skin, and it will extend the model's career!  It's funny that sometimes people think they will never get old in their 20s...and one day you wake up and...well... I don't need to elaborate on what happens!  For me it's not really about what the industry might value, for me taking good care of your skin is part of taking care of your health!!! Healthy skin is beautiful skin!!! @o@  We were all chatting during lunch and talking about what's considered as "women" category (for models) and that apparently after 21 you are considered old! It really reminded me of the song by Ladytron...and Mayer said: "Seventeen!" (the song is called Seventeen, from Ladytron's album Light & Magic) where they sing "They only want you when you're 17, when your 21, you're no fun" !  @o@ But anyways...enjoy these photos! Such eye candy! ;)



















2 comments:

Unknown said...

喔~你好強~~~so happy for you nehhh~~~~~i enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the pics and everything~加油喔~~~~~HUGs

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

aww thanks anabel~~ :)