Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Friday, January 21, 2011

Little by little, a bird makes its nest!


I am all set for tomorrow's photo shoot! woohoo! Since it will take place at my home studio, I've already prepared everything, including vacuuming and sweeping my entire 1st floor! I've been working reaaally hard the last month to get my downstairs in a good condition so that I won't have to ever feel embarrassed about having people or clients over at my home studio.  Finally the satisfaction of being able to drill things into the wall and arrange furniture EXACTLY the way I like it is such a HUGE satisfying feeling!  My studio is looking closer and closer to my dream studio~ oh I am going to get teary-eyed just looking at this photo! 

Some of the things that are out on the counter top have a place in the closet, but since I'm getting ready to just RUN once the model arrives, I gotta be prepared! :) That's just...my personality and preference. If I can plan and organize EVERYTHING before the client gets here, I will.  I'm a ... planner!  While some of my friends and family can be "cross the bridge when you get there" - If I can foresee a need to have Plan B or even Plan C, I'd already thought of it, and prepared for it.  Hey - better safe than sorry, right? ;)

The director's chair is what I travel with on location so I protect my back while doing makeup application. The black chair is for styling hair, and has a makeup cape resting on it~ I need a shorter chair as I would not be able to reach my clients if they are seated on the director's chair! (Unless I am 180cm+ or 6ft+!!!) To the left, I have my plastic container top that I've had FOREVER for storage, and to serve as a little portable table for hair products~ I've painted the top to customize it (recently). My latest addition to my hair kit is 20 1.5mm hot rollers from National (Japan), and now I can do a full set of hot rollers if I choose to!  My hair pins in a clear box on the table, and then you see a white area - which is my brushes, covered in a clean pillow case until I'm ready to use them tomorrow, and the towel in the front is my sanitary maintenance area and covered inside is a beauty blender, puffs, disposables, implements (tweezers, etc)! Next to it is my disposable wax palette that I use to scoop out makeup stuff on to!  Behind it is my makeup, and skin prep stuff, nails stuff!  And I absolutely love my sneaky paper towel rank, installed to my table! :D 

Now I just have to get enough sleep and get going tomorrow in the A.M! :D 

5 comments:

Tammy said...

You're gonna kill it for tomorrow's photo shoot! ^^

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

aw thanks for the support! <3

It went well! but I guess if I could turn back time...there were somethings I wish I could have seen or prevented! ahh with most shoots it's like this~ but especially the ones in my home!~ lol~

Agatha said...

I'd love to see some pictures from the shoot and of the studio! Glad it's finally coming together.
By the way, I've given you a very humble blog award:
http://inmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/bloggywood-awards-vote-for-your.html

AstonishRyan said...

when is your next blog post??? or your next shoot??

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Ryan: Lol I will blog today! :D When are we going to work together? :)