Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Monday, January 10, 2011

Behind the Scenes featuring Tate @ JE Models


Models: Tate @ JE Models (right)
Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography: Novi Angelomio
Wardrobe Styling: Wendy Shiverdaker

Another great photo shoot with an amazing team!  :D It was freezing though - okay well I'm in the Bay Area so I should not complain because this is probably nothing compared to the East Coast but it's still challenging to be in a colder environment for the whole team, especially the model! Tate is a talented New Face a very sweet young girl to be around!  Tate has naturally voluminous curls, and when I peaked at her portfolio, most of her hair was worn curly and voluminous in the photos. At that point, I decided I wanted to do something different and straighten her hair!  And when I was done, I was super proud of how her hair turned out! :) I've been slowly gaining my confidence with regards to styling hair but...Makeup and Skincare will always be..."my thing";)   Her natural hair color is beautiful!! It naturally has highlights and low lights, and a lot of natural volume! Super gorgeous!!  Wendy did an amazing job with the wardrobe! I unfortunately missed the first outfit in my behind the scenes because I was occupied , but I think we ended shooting 5-6 outfits!? We were super productive and efficient! Go team!  My favorite outfit was the first one (that I didn't take photos of!!!) with the coral shoes! And then the coats....the prints~ ! It was a joy to watch Tate work the clothes, even though Tate would occasionally get stuck in the muddy location and sink, you wouldn't even notice because you would be busy watching her movements and her facial expressions!  I'm so happy to purchase my little CanonS95 for the behind the scenes and captured these images! Novi and I were both very happy with the results, and we look forward to Tate's amazing modeling career ahead of her!!! :)

Love how her hair looks here! ;) Wendy's coat is beautiful and works lovely with the monochrome skies!
Tate trying not to sink into the mud! ahhh
Amazing outfit #3! Real Coat!  Novi shooting away! 
Wendy! Helping Tate change out the accessories!
The light started to change into a nice orange/coral color! Wendy was saying: "THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE!" ;) 
Photo courtesy of Tate's Mommy, Shana!  :) Touching up her lips after a quick snack in between
The skies were AMAZING.  I love my little camera! <3
I feel like I was having a mini photo shoot of my own~ I LOVE silhouettes!!!! 
<3 <3 <3
My shot of the day!!!! :) 
Our team! Photo courtesy of Tate's Mommy, Shana~ :) I love how we are all smiling! <3 <3 <3

Stay tuned for the final images from our photo shoot! :D yay! Emotion: Accomplished!  ;D

5 comments:

Shana McLean Moore said...

Liz, I loved working with you! Your hair and makeup are beautiful and you are so warm and kind. I am honored to be a part of your blog.

<3, Tate

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Shana & Tate: aww thanks so much for your kind words! :) I had a lot of fun! :) Thanks again for checking out my blog!

p chan said...

Wow at Shana's lovely red hair!! :D I see where Tate got her good genes from *envy* hahaa

Love the outfit, hair and makeup in the 5th and 6th photo!

Mona said...

that looks like fun! minus the part where it looks freezing (i'm such a wuss) hahaha

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Pchan: oh oh the beautiful redhead is Wendy the stylist~ Shana is the one taking the photo of us! Shana is beautiful, too! :D

@Mona: Thanks for stopping by! haha it was pretty cold! for the west coast that is! ;D