Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Behind the Scenes (?)


I am here to disclose my humble studio space for makeup. This space in my humble apartment is supposed to be the "dining room" but we never eat there anyway so I converted it into a makeup station! It looks kind of crowded, because there's a lot of stuff in the background but I assure you as a client, you can sit back and relax on the black chair~ =) While it looks like there's 3 different lights going on, the combination works for me, and I also have great natural lighting in the living room to double-check foundation color. Plus, since it's my place, I sanitize the table and clean it - but I cannot say the same for on-location tables where sometimes I need to lay my stuff on! I always come back and freak out and clean the bottoms of my stuff. You can see my small travel case and the plastic containers that I use to carry and organize my stuff! Makeup artists usually have their own unique way of organizing that works for them - and this has been working for me so far - but I might need to get a suitcase or something to help me. So anyway, here it is! ^__^

No comments: