Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Men, Men, Men! Ian Maxion x Skyla Arts


Models: Ryan Guzman @ Look (left), Thad @ City Models (right)
Makeup: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography/Hair/Wardrobe Styling: Ian Maxion

I hope you are thinking finally some hot men for a change from hot women?? :) Oh...I am still so backed up with my blog posts...You are probably tired of hearing me say this, but I feel a bit stressed out when I see other photographers or makeup artists keeping their blogs very up to date and current!  I don't know how the bloggers do it (especially the beauty bloggers!  That's a lot of images to organize!! I guess you need to be uber-organized on your computer, and right now my desktop is just CHAOS! My husband saw it and his jaw dropped because if his desktop looked like that, he would freak!)  Anyways!

This photo shoot happened middle of September, and to my pleasant surprise I saw Ryan at the Tommy Hilfiger event! Did you spot him? It was nice to see familiar faces like Ryan and Allie and meet many new people as well.  Thad is shooting a Hyundai commercial today and I'm excited for him!!!  He is going to sell lots of cars for Hyundai!!!! This is my first time working with the talented Ian Maxion upon referral by Janet Mariscal.  Ian has a great eye for creative direction, and I was so impressed at how organized Ian was with the clothes! Compared to the state of my closet, um...let's not talk about how messy my closet is right now~! lol.  Ian was going for the "Mad Men" look for Ryan, and the "Risky Business" for Thad, but since I was told my my 3 of my mentors that I need to EDIT EDIT EDIT for my portfolio, I selected my absolute absolute favorite photos to post for my portfolio and blog.  They say to me: "Take that out. You don't need that." or "Perhaps one image from the shoot...since you don't want to post repeated looks!"  Since this is my BLOG, I can post a few more photos! ;)

It was my first time working with everyone, and I am happy that I was a part of this great photo shoot.  The part that made me most nervous was the roof top shoots because I had to climb up there! The ladder that I was climbing was So Scary and I was wearing sandals!   @o@ I was like @o@ How am I gonna get down?? But I was fine..just like "PHEW" when I got back down! hahaha.  The versatility of Ryan and Thad's performance blew me away!  I've seen their portfolios, but it's nothing like watching them perform and do what they are really really good at. It's really easy to think that all models have to do is get their body to look great/work out and maybe study some poses from magazines and just stand there.  To be at Ryan and Thad's level, you really got to bring it each time. Ian is really great at giving directions, but when Ian puts the clothes and accessories on Ryan and Thad, they know what to do with it. I hope I'm making sense !  But it takes a lot of practice and perseverance, and not being afraid to try different things and communicate with the photographer to get these shots, and to help the shoot run so smoothly. So!  Enjoy the photos!  I really loved the results and was really happy to be a part of the shoot with such a talented team!!!!