Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness "Hope is in the Love of Self": My bravest, most beautiful client M.P.!


Client: M.P.
Makeup, Hair, Photography: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Second Photographer: Liliana Aranda

I've been waiting for an opportunity to blog about this!  In October I was contacted by my client M.P. sharing with me her interest in shooting boudoir. If you didn't know already, October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month!  I have done boudoir photo shoots in the past as Makeup/Hair, but it was my first time wearing all 3 hats as Makeup/Hair/Photography for boudoir with my client. This is definitely one of the most meaningful projects ~ when things get hard, like yesterday, when I discovered some of my photos were posted outside my blog/website illegally without my consent with my watermarks cropped out (that's a violation of copyright - very disrespectful), all I have to do is remember my client M.P. and the courage she displayed to me and Liliana during this photo shoot, the world is immediately a better place!  M.P. was diagnosed with breast cancer in recent months, she told me she would love to remember her body, the way she loves it, the way she appreciates it.  This is certainly where my deepest PASSION for the industry lies - loving yourself, and loving your body. 

My mother and my mother-in-law are both breast cancer survivors - there is nothing more powerful than the courage people have to overcome adversities and have a positive outlook on life - and that's the only way to beat and conquer anything in life!!!  M.P. said she would love to inspire other women with the photos we took, and so I am so proud, and so thrilled, to share these photos with you!  :) The pink ribbon was M.P.'s idea!  Liliana and I loved working with M.P.~ she is so beautiful!  Inside and out!!!  It was truly truly inspiring!

M.P. also has a special gift for you - she made a slideshow of her Journey or how she experienced our photo session into a Narrative! These are the un-edited previews I sent to her for client viewing~ She titled it Hope is in the Love of Self.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Her makeup is beautifully done :) I especially love her cheeks and pretty color on it :D

Anonymous said...

i just went through her slide show. it's really lovely and tasteful. Both of you did a great job. She has a beautiful figure too. :P

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Jen: Thank you! :) that was my bronzer for contour, and a peachy blush!

@jojoba: Thank you for watching her slide show! She is 49 years old with an AMAZING figure~ I'm 24 and I wish my figure was as nice as hers!!

Tammy said...

That's amazing that you know two people so close to you touched by cancer. I'm happy to know that they both recovered from it!

These photos are beautiful! Lingerie and almost nude but still so effortlessly classy :)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Tammy: Thanks~ :) :) Positive thinking and loving yourself is the way to fight it!!!!

thanks so much about your comments with my photography! I hope I don't have to put that warning of that "you need to be above age 18 to view these" on my blogger!!! It's the beautiful curves of a woman~ and kids see WAY WORSE things on TV and movies these days!!!