Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Behind the Scenes Editorial Photo shoot



Photography: Pam Sta Cruz
Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Designer & Wardrobe Stylist: Phuong My
Models: Lauren Fletcher @ City & Chrissy

Last time I tried to work with Pam & designer Mymy, it happened during the freakin' GIANTS parade...I'm sorry - while I'm happy that they won the world series, I don't appreciate the parade making me miss the photo shoot completely!!!  I was moving 2 blocks per hour, and at that rate, I would have never made it to the shoot since I had to take a 10+ block detour (at 2 blocks per hour!! the sun would have set and it was an outdoors shoot!!!) so I had to just get out of San Francisco...Pam & Mymy were so nice about it~ I was really touched...and  I am just so happy that finally I got to work with them this time and two amazing models, Lauren & Chrissy.  Phuong My is a super talented, confident & young designer - even though I'm not knowledgeable in clothing and couture and won't pretend to be, watching her work and make these clothes and the hats (Yes! she made them herself!) is really really remarkable & inspiring!!!  My favorite one was a purple hat that I unfortunately didn't snap a photo of!! But I was like @o@!!!! AWESOME!  WOW!  lol~ literally.

I was scheduled to do hair, but unfortunately the hair stylist could not make it - and due to time constraints, it was very stressful and Mymy and I had to brain storm really quickly to come up with a solution that works with the outfits and the time constraints.  Mymy described that Lauren will have the softer smokey look with red lips, and Chrissy will have the darker smoldering look for the "bad sister" whereas Lauren is the "good sister" (never done anything bad in her life).  I just tried my very best, had fun with it, and I am happy with the results! Armed with more experience between the last editorial I worked on, I am just keeping my fingers crossed about this fashion story getting published!!! :D I was sharing that sentiment on set, and Mymy said: "What are you talking about; OF COURSE it will get published!!!"  ;) *fingers crossed*  Since we are still waiting to hear, the final images won't be shared until ...after we know! :)

These images  on the blog are taken with my brand new canon s95! I love it!! It was very dim/dark at the hotel in SF so I'm so happy to have the Canon S95!!

Lauren is smiling at me, the photo stalker! ;) I LOVED the lines on the back of her dress
Chissy working it on top of the fire place!  Loved the jacket!!
Pam taking the photos~ Mymy watching on the side!
@ The lobby~ Lauren looked really stunning

This was before Christmas and Mymy found a X'mas ornament that inspired her; although...I don't think it worked out! Lauren is thinking: "omg I have a x'mas ornament on my head!"
Behind the scenes! This shot was REALLY AMAZING! One of my fav!!!
LOVED this outfit too! The skirt part of the dress looked amazing. Mymy adjusting her outfit~ The vintage phone was super awesome! 
Last scene before the big wrap for the evening! Chrissy had a small change in lip color, and their cheek colors were intensified a little! :D


Super proud of our team work!!!!  Yay! Until next time, everyone have a great holiday and new years! :) 

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Hhehehe thanks Liz! :D I should post a picture of the before, but I got frightened and didn't want to frighten my readers XD ...I was rather pleased with myself too lol

This photoshoot looks amazing! I'm a sucker for anything that has some sort of Victorian inspiration. And where are the shoes from? I rikey :D

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thanks! :)
Frightened for the hair or before/after the makeup? xD! Aiyo~ you know those dramatic lashes? I've only used it once in a photo shoot with a 60s retro-glam twiggy inspired look, and I never dare tried it on myself! you are BRAVE to do so and embrace the drama!! :)

Ohhh The shoes were provided by the models~ which one did you like? the ones on lauren or crissy? I can ask for ya! ;)

<3 <3 <3

AstonishRyan said...

I saw these shots from Pam's portfolio! Good work to everyone including you!

Ryan

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thanks ryan!! :) Thanks for stopping by!! :)