Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Monday, October 5, 2009

Jeah's Before & After, and crazy happenings!

Before and After

Yesterday afternoon, I worked with lovely Jeah for her bridal makeup trial, and above is the result! We were just chatting while I was taking care of her eyelashes, and we heard a lot of yelling and shouting outside! At first I thought it was just people arguing, or they are playing a game outside, but as I was touching up her eye makeup after the false eyelashes, I saw SMOKE across the street and then I ran to my kitchen window to view outside, and a car that was parked in the garage one street across my building had caught on fire! I dialed 911, but they had already called the fire fighters...but the fire got to the car's gas tank and sort of exploded; not your Hollywood car explosion, but just pieces of metal falling apart and flames. It got really scary when the heavy smoke was coming - thankfully Jeah stayed really calm and told me to grab my important documents - after I did so, I grabbed two small towels and wetted them; we ran towards the stairs and ran into our apartment manager, who suggested that we stayed indoors due to the smoke. She offered us to stay at her place upstairs, but we'd have to go through the open corridor and face the smoke, so we DARTED into her apartment! After staying there 10 minutes, she was planning to leave but I haven't finished her face & lips! By then the firefighters had put out most of the flames, so we DARTED downstairs and back into my place to finish her look. I think it was the scariest hour of my life! The wet towels really helped us maneuver through the corridors, and we were OK! It doesn't seem like anyone got hurt either since we didn't see any ambulances going by...

The moral of the story is...Please, DON'T FIX YOUR CARS IN YOUR GARAGE! ...It's dangerous! as the oils and chemicals can ignite easily..and this is what resulted...(view directly from my kitchen)



Jeah said, "Well at least this is very memorable!" Oh - what a day! But please don't be scared to come over...!!! My building is still safe!!!!

2 comments:

Kalmo said...

Jeah's looks beautiful before and after! Sorry to hear about the scary experience!

Anonymous said...

wow that's scary. i am gald the fire brigade came so fast and that you are both say to tell the story!

and leah looked natural and radiant. that's the best kind of bridal mu! :)