Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Published in Votive Issue 2: 12 page spread!


You can preview the entire issue or order the print/digital copy here! I am very excited about my first publication where I did makeup/hair & photography as well.  Of course I didn't do it all by myself - I had a great stylist Andrea, and my talented assistant Erika, and gorgeous model Annie!  I really do like what Mathew Jordan Smith says TEAM stands for: Together Each Achieves More! 

Sometimes...there are things you need to get out of your system and this project was one of them. I don't often get behind the lens because I was discouraged from doing everything, but occasionally when inspiration hits, sometimes you just gotta do it! I finished editing around the time we were filming our youtube tutorial, and I showed the images to Tim & Kris, and Tim the videographer told me about Votive Magazine. He said it had more of an Art focus and that my story would fit! Coincidentally, issue 2 was about "Artistic License" and we just had to follow that and it just fitted my story!  Yay!  

And one of my images is in the index too! ;) Well, I hope you enjoy the spread! ;)