Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays! ! ! {2011 in Review}


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Scrapbooking design generated with Smilebox


Happy Holidays everyone! ;)

I remembered a fun tool to make cards, and while I reviewing the smilebox (the only thing that's annoying is the ad, but it won't go away unless you pay their membership fee!!), a cute little tool to make online digital cards to send to friends/family/etc! Of course I couldn't fit every event in, but it's still fun to plug it in and take a moment to remember, and be grateful for all the opportunities I was given with wonderful clients, whether it be fashion editorials/video/film/news/catalogue/bridal/special events/makeup lessons!! 

I saw that they had a scrapbook and I thought to myself...why not!!! I've never done it before, but then again, 2011 has been a year of a lot of firsts!  Some notable ones for me..

- First time in NYC/NY Fashion Week!
- First time being published on StyleMePretty - California
- First time filming a 'real' makeup tutorial
- First time producing a bridal editorial (this one is not released yet!) 
- First time published for makeup/hair/photography in the Siren's editorial!
- First time getting props for a shoot, and buying the wardrobe (the picnic kids shoot in the park!)
- First time having/training assistant(s)! 
- First time doing 2 wedding gigs in a day (Even though I get multiple inquiries on the same date, usually the times end up conflicting and I am unable to accommodate 2 parties)
- First time winning the staff-voted RAW (un-photoshopped) Facebook photo contest! or any contest, really~ ;)
- First time having a public portfolio review (ohh nerve-racking! but worth it for the experience!)
- First time doing a full-on 80s makeup on my husband for his company's Xmas party!  

And here's the iPhone photo again for laughs~ ;) I could barely contain my laughter~ my husband, however, was fully in character for every photo.  He showed me an image of Rob Smith from The Cure, and demanded lipstick/powder and everything! He went through my jewelry box and found a random earring, and he asked me if I had any chunky necklaces to complete the outfit! Some of his colleagues barely recognized him but were 100% entertained and pleased with his look! It was a lot of fun! Bringing laughter/joy to people with makeup lol~!  I made my hair as big as I could tolerate it - I'm usually not a big hair person but it was fun to tease it out and have frizzy hair with lots of hair spray!!!

I want to take an opportunity to thank everyone for their support for my blog and commenting! I really appreciate the interaction! Have a safe & wonderful Holiday season everyone!!!

May 2012 be even better than 2011!!!  <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's your husband?! Cool!! :D You did a lot in 2011, and I hope you continue your makeup artistry for a long while. It's also cool you're based in the Bay Area... I hope I'll have a reason to consult with you for any photography or makeup needs. You're incredible. Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

hey Jen! happy holidays~ Thank you for your support for my blog! XD

Yes yes! hopefully one day we'll meet, whichever the reason/circumstance! ;) lol and omg..yes that's my husband! I guess if you've never seen a photo of him this one is pretty shocking! ! ! lol!