Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

60s Inspired Mod Makeup Tutorial & Photo Shoot!



I...am afraid to be in front of the camera but somehow I managed to do it!  Thanks to my friend and esteemed colleague Tim Prestoza from Low Tek Studios !  We worked together earlier this year (yes that secret video will be up, soon! woohoo!) on a big project, and this was another BIG project for us.  It is our first time doing a "real" tutorial (please discount my first ever Tutorial which is more like a photo tutorial than a video one).  I'm excited to share it!! :) Watch it in HD!

This is my 2nd time working with Kris - the first time was the beginning of 2011! it feels like so long ago - it was then that Kris told me I should totally do the makeup tutorials and we should do it together! 10 months later, it finally happened!  We were definitely on the same plane of creativity as I already had this look in mind and when I discussed it with Kris she said she wanted to do a 60s mod look and that she loves this type of makeup! :) It all came together!

Tim has been really encouraging - and he even made my arms look thinner! :) During the filming, Kris/Tim and I were having great conversations, talking about this and that and everything~ we had loads of fun! 

Here are the results of our shoot with Rummy Makmur:











Photography: Rummy Makmur (www.rummymakmur.com)
Makeup : Elizabeth Chang (Elizabeth Chang | Makeup & Hair)
Videography: Tim Prestoza (Lowtek)
Model: Kris Jung @ Stars Model Management

and last but not least, the behind the scenes video!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I'd really love to work with you sometime, Liz. Just saying:)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

hi camille! thanks for stopping by and watching! :) if you have any projects in mind or whichever, feel free to email me liz@skyla-arts.com and we'll stay in touch?? :)

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! The tutorial is SO HD! =)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thanks for watching Jen! <3

Darcie Watson said...

I loved this!! It was really nice to see the artist behind the wonderful makeup looks! I enjoyed the voice over feature too, for some reason it made it a little more fun to watch, not sure why... :) and I also love your techniques, the model looked very comfortable and relaxed, in some of the tutorials I've seen it looks like the model will suffer a neck injury! Great job!! I hope you do more!!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

hi darcie! thanks so much for watching and commenting! I appreciate the support~ :) :)