Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yael Designs Photoshoot Part I



Remember in June I had a blog post with behind the scenes at a photo shoot with Laura Tillinghast and Yael Designs? I am finally blogging the final photos.  There were so many from the set that I loved! But due to time constraints I will share 6 of my favorite ones; one from each look I did.  In one day I did 6 hair and makeup looks.  I was still amazed at how hard Laura pushed me to go outside my comfort zone, and I'm always amazed at my growth each time, when Laura believes in me.  This shoot marked my 1 year anniversary in the industry, and if I showed you where I was exactly a year ago...I just am so happy and grateful I can keep improving my artistry and to work with wonderful people like Laura (while getting paid! the best part! ^^||). I am still super honored and thrilled that Laura and Yael Designs hired me for this job - even though it happened almost 6 months ago! ^^||

It was certainly one of my biggest challenges at the time - I started with the Bridal Hair and Makeup for Svetlana, then immediately jumped to Bridal Hair and Makeup for Khrystyna with hair extensions, then switched to Svetlana in a tight bun and makeup, then removed Khrystyna's extensions to put her hair in a tight sleek bun and dramatic makeup, and then took out Svetlana's bun and teased it/curled it and changed the look, and then finished up by adding Khrystyna's hair extensions, curling the hair, and changing her makeup completely.  Thankfully, Yael Designs catered from my favorite Persian BBQ place in Mountain View and at the end of 6 looks, I got to eat! I feel tired just typing this out! lol~

Models: Khrystyna (Look) & Svetlana
Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography &Wardrobe Styling: Laura Tillinghast (Laura Tillinghast Photography)
Client: Yael Designs

I'll share the other ones I like later! :) Enjoy!




3 comments:

todi design said...

you do such a wonderful job!

PinkOrchids said...

WOw, their jewellery pieces are so amazing!! xX

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

definitely bling bling~ ! :)