Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Thursday, June 24, 2010

IMATS LA 2010!

I'll be traveling to Los Angeles/Pasadena to attend IMATS 2010 in Los Angeles/Pasadena! I'm thrilled and excited to be helping out at the Yaby Cosmetics booth. Those who worked with me know that I love my World of Pearl Paints eye shadow palette religiously.  The models also love that palette and look at it with "ooooohhs" and "aaaaahhhs" and love the results! But of course I hope that it's also due to my amazing artistry as well and not just because of a great product! (lol~~~) I am excited for the opportunity to buy new things for my kit and meet some new people!

Last Sunday I worked on a photo shoot for Yael Designs with 2 gorgeous Russian models, Svetlana and Khrystyna (whom you might recognize from my previous work!) and amazing photographer Laura Tillinghast!  :D All behind the scenes photos are taken by Yael Designs! Without these photos, I won't be able to see what I did other than in memory for at least a couple of weeks so I was super excited to see them! I know I look really really scary from working hard below, but I'm holding and using my favorite World of Pearl Paints on Svetlana below!
I was transitioning from look 2 to look 3 for Svetlana~ I changed the makeup first and then the hair~ and below is Svetlana on set! 
This is Khrystyna's 2nd look~ Also using Yaby eyeshadow~! 
And finally, Khrystyna's 3rd and final makeup and hair look! Also using Yaby!
I'll have another behind the scenes post soon when I return from IMATS!  If you're there and spot me, please say hello! I'd love to meet you!  :) Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

So lucky you'll be attending! I saw some promos for it and it sounds so exciting. Have fun in LA, Liz :):)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

hey tammy~! :)_it's my first trade show for makeup so I'm excited and a bit nervous! I'll try to have fun but...LA is really not my fav. place which is why I moved out! he he~ ^^

Anonymous said...

wow!!! that's fantastic!!! please report back and be safe. :)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

thanks jojoba! :) i'll be sure to report back! ^^ which reminds me I should bring my little digicam! ahh

smilecusiluvu said...

SOO lucky! I've been wanting to go but events come up and budget for that trip is not in place! boo! I hope to go in a couple of years but in the mean time i'll just read it through your's and other blogger's blog!

Unknown said...

Wow, she looks stunning! I am so curious about Yaby cosmetics now!

Agatha said...

Hope you have a good time at IMATS - fill us in on how it went.
Great shoot!!!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@ Agatha: Thanks! I'll try to find time to blog about my experience

@Rainy Days: I'm waiting for my yaby shipment! We get products in exchange for working~ :) I can't wait to further test them out and do some reviews if applicable! hehe