Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Customized Makeup Lessons!


This is just a mini-update here; I hope everyone had a great weekend! Since I don't do any before/after or take photos of my makeup lesson clients, I just thought I would blog briefly about the customized makeup lessons I provide. There are 1-on-1 options, or small groups up to 3 people and I customize the lesson depending on the level of experience and the desired look. Usually 90min is the optimal time, but 2 hours is also a very nice time frame to do this. Part of it is demonstration, and the other part is hands-on so you practice the technique immediately! I have my clients fill out the usual skin care questionnaire, and I usually ask about the desired look and we go from there!  I wanted to share this face chart (the chart itself I got from MUA Jordon Liberty~ and at the end of the lesson, I can either email the products we tried and experimented, or I can draw a face chart with some easy instructions/reminders of what we covered during our lesson.

I really have a lot of fun in all of the sessions I've done!

In other news, I am a bit backed up with updates! But I managed to create a new splash page on my website with some of my new works so check it out if you like!  (you can click the image and it'll take you straight to my website) ^^ Also I designed a new composite card (it's like a postcard professionals in our industry print out to give to people, like a fancy business card! ^^) and sent it to the printer! So I was actually very productive today so I'm happy. That's it for now, I hope everyone had a great long weekend~!

8 comments:

Amina said...

wooow! this chart is so helpful!! Thank you for posting it! I just discovered your blog and I am subscribing :)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Hi Amina! thank you for visiting and subscribing~ :) I appreciate your support! cheers!

Agatha said...

Hi! Just found your blog thru Model Mayhem and I'm so glad I did. Beautiful make-up & photography. Loving it here!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Hi Agatha! Welcome! :) Thanks for your kind words~ I shall follow your blog as well!

I read what you said just now about having a difficulty getting followers~ and I can totally relate...Sometimes it feels very quiet and lonely! Maybe I should start posting videos? maybe? haha~ ^^

Agatha said...

Thx for signing up as a follower. I enjoy blogging and will continue doing it even if I don't get followers but getting them is a great feeling. I had a video uploaded a while ago but removed it cause I was a bit embarrassed by it - bad quality, way too long and I talk absolute crap when recording:)
I have made some more videos but I just need to edit and upload them + get over my embarrassment.
I think that videos are a great idea for getting more exposure.

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

oh Agatha...on my obscure youtube channel I have a "video" (more like photo montage...) i dont know if I'll ever be able to get over the embarrassment!!! ahhh!

TINA said...

lovely photos and blog! new follower. BTW, im from the bay too =D

beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Hi Tara!

thanks for stopping by and following! let me check out your blog now~ :)