Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pinup x Glamorous Makeup



So I originally wanted to do a video tutorial...but I think I'm motion-picture-challenged...My computer cannot detect my camcorder, and perhaps I need to reset something because my iSight is not being detected by my iMovie! Gaaah!!! So for now, I'll just have this...a photo and um...the list of the products I used and a little description if needed. I don't know why I tilted my head so frequently~ I just did! I guess I was in a tilt-y mood! ^^|| The top left photo is natural light. Top right is flash, bottom left is flash+tungsten, and bottom right is no flash+tungsten, but I adjusted the colors to make it look like what it would look like without the warm temperature. PLEASE ignore my eyebrows~ yes Stop looking at them now!!!~ it is my eyebrow boo-boo day~^^||

Primer, Foundation, Powder
Lorac Aquaprime
Kevin Beautymaker Aqua Color Controller (Nude)
For T-zone, cheekbones only. This product has a pearl shimmer to it that you put underneath your foundation
Kevin Beautymaker Beautymaker Aqua Light Creamy Foundation in shade #1
Gives you a dewy finish. Good for combination skin
MUFE #3 Camouflage Cream Palette
Lisa Watier Portfolio
Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte (colorless)
Translucent loose powder to set the foundation and concealer

Brow
Benefit Brow zings, Dark & Light
Used darker shade on the ends, and lighter shade at the beginning of the brow for a more natural look - although I didn't really do my brows really well that day~ oops...sorry!!!

Eyeshadow
Splash Eyesparkle -Pineapple Delight
Used as base color.
Dior 5 Couleurs - 030 Incognito
Dior 5 Couleurs - 390 Mystic Jade
Layered the neutral and darker brown colors , contoured the eye~ it actually looks smokier in real life, but I am limited to using my point and shoot to take these photos~ ^^

Eyeliner
MAC Fluidline - Graphic Brown
Since the lipcolor was going to be very loud, I chose a bronze/brown cream liner. I applied it with Smashbox 21 (bent eyeliner brush) and winged it out into a cat eye.

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil in REDD
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick 170 ALARM

Contour & Blush & Highlight
MAC mineralized Skin Finish DARK
Used this shade to contour cheeks.
MAC Blush Peaches
MAC Pigment - Vanilla
Applied on brow-bone and cheek bone for dramatic highlights. I didn't use it on my nose~ the highlight is purely the pearl primer~ ^^

No comments: