Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mindy and Robert {San Francisco City Hall Wedding}




Makeup & Hair: Liz @ Skyla Arts
Dress: San Patrick @ BoLee Bridal
Photography: IQphoto

Congratulations to Mindy & Robert! This lovely couple tied the knot in San Francisco City Hall in February 2012!  Mindy phoned me to inquire about my services, and I was pretty surprised to find out that her wedding date is less than a week away, right after Valentines Day! When she came in for the consultation, I had asked her about her dress, and she told me she was on her way to Nordstroms after our appointment to try to find something. I immediately suggested my preferred vendor, BoLee Bridal Couture in Sunnyvale, CA. Mindy's folks live in China, and could not long distant flight, and even though they are having a City Hall Ceremony, I thought that she would still love for the day to be ultra special!  I think the dress definitely was definitely the magic item, that Jon the hero of the day made happen! 

Even though the timeline to get a gown would seem like mission impossible, (6 days!) it turns out that the owner Bo, had ordered an extra size 6, a "just in case" dress, for a last minute bride!  Their in-house tailor, Jon, worked miracles, and gave up his Valentines Day plans to finish the dress so that Mindy could have her beautiful San Patrick gown fitted to her petite body!!! I did not know all of this was going on until I arrived bright and early at the apartment to get Mindy ready!  

IQphoto did a phenomenal job capturing the couple and the beautiful dress! The portrait photo of Mindy standing by the window with (above photo to the right!) is just one of my favorites! :) Of course I'm a little biased because it also showcases my hair work ;P  Special thanks to Joseph from IQphoto who was patient to let me choose the photos to share on my blog and website! 

Initially during the consultation, we did an up-do with more details and texture in the back, but that was before Mindy found the dress! So she had emailed me and told me that because there is that ruffling/train detail, she thought it would be best to keep the hair in a more simple chignon, and showed me a photo of Tina Fey at the Sag Awards 2011, and I completely agreed with her decision! :) I of course love brides who know what they want and love! I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did when I first got them from Joseph @ IQphoto!

I am excited to finally start the process of blogging the weddings from 2012 & to share all of beautiful brides earlier this year! Stay tuned! :)
















No comments: