Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chloe & Amanda on the beach!




Is summer really over??

Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang 
Photography: Sasha Gulish
Models: Amanda & Chloe from Stars SF

I am definitely feeling the fall coming, especially in the mornings and evenings!  Don't let these sunny photos fool you - it was a little chilly by the beach!  I think this was Feb/March time.  

It was amazing that Amanda's natural hair texture was exactly what we were going for so all I did was just smooth it out a little bit with a tiny bit of cream to prevent any frizzy fly-aways!  Beachy hair is supposed to be more loose/undone, but we still want the 'mess' to look intentional and not just simply...mess!  Chloe (in the polka dot bikini) came in from Arizona (OK...if it wasn't Arizona it's close by!) and I did her hair in the car!  

I was using my trunk as a table, and I pulled out my makeup chair for them to sit!  A pair of older ladies drove by and asked Kelsie (Kelsie is Sasha's studio manager) and myself: "Is that a REAL makeup chair? Where did you buy it?" And after I said: "Los Angeles" they just drove off!! At this shoot, we had a special visitor! Kristen, their agent from Stars, stopped by and said hi!

It was challenging to select the film from this shoot, but in the end, I ended up with these 4 images that I love!  The girls were bringing it! Running down the beach, doing some cart wheels, and even interacting with strangers while modeling (not shown here obviously lol...!) 

I used Stila's One-Step Primecolor in "Kitten" on Chloe's lids, and "Pop of Pink" on the lips and cheeks. On the cheeks it was followed by Yaby Blush BL0015+BL001 for a natural coral/pink color that shows up nicely against the blueish-colored sunlight.  If you don't balance the color, it will wash out!  

In October, my husband and I are finally going on our first 'real' vacation! That means, the trip is JUST for relaxing and resting...no agenda (ie: attend a wedding etc etc)!  In fact, we have not gone on our honeymoon yet....but we've already been married 4 years (since 9/19 last week!) so it's too late to call it a honeymoon! lol...

Next week is action-packed for me! But I'm grateful to be working for sure!!! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and an awesome week ahead! 

*dreaming of sunny beach days....~~~~ our vacation cannot come soon enough!*



No comments: