Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Monday, August 20, 2012

Currently on the Newsstands! {Publications!!}







Earlier this spring, I worked on a look book for a quality clothing company Tart Collections but I haven't seen the images from there...until now!!!  This is a page in the September issue of Harper's Bazaar!!!!  Look for the Gwen Stefani Cover! :) I know it's not the same as having an editorial in there, but...it's still pretty exciting for me...! To see it in Harper's Bazaar! Crazy!!!  I subscribe to 3 magazines in the U.S.: W, Marie Claire & Harper's Bazaar!  Anyway...I am just so thrilled to see an image from that day, and to see it in print = even better!  The beautiful model, Larisa, is just...super gorgeous, and beautiful inside & out!! She doesn't really need any photoshop/photo editing! :P She exercises regularly, and has a passion for cooking! You can check out her blog, Model Eats to learn some unique recipes & get health/beauty tips!

Also currently found on the newsstands, is the Fall 2012 issue of The Knot!  Sorry you have to bear with my terrible iPhone photo shots of the magazines....!  But...for quality images, you can find them at your local newsstand! :D

I worked on the cover+cover story under the Key Artist, Erin Skipley!  I was really excited to assist Erin - I just had a great feeling about her, and without knowing anyone else who also knows her, contacted her via facebook messaging around February of this year, and then ran into her at The Makeup Show in LA!  I then walked over to introduce myself, and because Erin works in Seattle/LA, I knew it will be a long shot to assist her, but when this opportunity came up, I dropped everything and flew to LA for the day!!! It was a long and tough day! (GORGEOUS wedding dress after wedding dress after wedding dress) but I loved every minute of it! ! ! ! ! I was very proud to be Erin's assistant and it was very exciting to meet Elizabeth Messina and all the lovely vendors, AND to be at Smashbox studios! (more Behind The Scenes coming soon!)

If you didn't know my aesthetic already... I looove this type of look! Very bohemian, romantic...and FILM.  I was gushing the whole day!

Here are the list of the participating awesome vendors {I obtained them from Erin's blog!}
Photography: Elizabeth Messina
Makeup & Hair: Erin Skipley {assisted by Elizabeth Chang - me! me!}
Floral Design: Kathleen Hyppolite | Kat Flower
Stylist: Catherine Sheppard | The Life Styled
Decor/Furniture: Jeni Maus | Found Rentals




2 comments:

Darcie Watson said...

So what is involved in being a makeup artist's assistant on something like that? That's a pretty huge and amazing opportunity. Congrats!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Have you ever assisted another artist Darcie?

I would highly recommend reading articles or forums by professional makeup artists about "Assisting Etiquette" and what to expect! It's a huge honor to assist a senior artist - there is always so much they can teach you, even if you are just there cleaning brushes!

let me know if you have any other questions~

cheers,
liz