Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, August 21, 2011

There is no "I" in Team!


Makeup, Hair & Manicure: Elizabeth Chang
Photography: Rummy Makmur
Models: (left) Morgan @ Stars, (right) Jordan @ Scout
Post-Processing: London Retouch

I know...I was planning to do a whole blog post on this and that, but I've been a little bit occupied with work! That's a good thing right??!  Got bills to pay! :P I am uber proud about my recent projects.  This one above in particular - The last shoots I worked with, Morgan on the left, and Jordan on the right, I was not 100% proud of the images, so I requested an opportunity for a re-shoot, and during the re-shoot, I planned everything myself, including coordinating the models, making the schedules/call sheet, and Oh yeah, doing Hair/Makeup/Manicure for both models - all by myself.

Sometimes you just have to make things happen for yourself.  Every single person who participated at this shoot, we pulled out ALL the stops!!!  ALL of it.  The difficulty was HIGH, but despite the challenges, I am just thrilled we got 3 images out of that evening for our portfolio.  It's not perfect, it's not the most exciting thing you've seen in the world, but to me, that day I really pushed myself harder and was able to say that I reached my goal and not just "oh man I wish I could have done this..."  I am only as good as my team, and man - we were an AWESOME TEAM that evening! The models were prepared, and we were all excited to make some magic.  While we stuck on schedule (to the clock!!! woohoo!!! Go team), I also had the pleasure to share some personal stories with Jordan, and we all enjoyed listening to Morgan's 2 month adventure in Milan!  Her stories showed her courage and determination, living alone in Milan, was really inspiring to hear.  Persistence and Perseverance - what better qualities can you have if you really want to succeed in something?  

Special thanks to amazing Audre VanBroers, who introduced me to London Retouch, whom I hired to post-process the image for us! If you go onto the website, you can also see the other Beauty story I did with Audre VanBroers, another thing I am uber proud of!

Oh yes, did I mention - Tereza from London Retouch also decided to use our image as her banner image!!! SF represent!! Of course, thanks to Stars Model Management & Scout Model & Talent Agency to trusting me once more with their  beautiful and talented SF Beauty models I've had the pleasure to work with!



Lastly...I'll probably be blogging a lot more once October rolls around... but for now, I've been working on my "new" website: http://elizabethchangmakeup.com [It's just a face lift from my former fashion/commercial portfolio website]

You can click there to check out some of my new work that...I just haven't been able to blog about!

2 comments:

Darcie Watson said...

great look! I really enjoy reading your articles. I love the new website, very simple and clean.
I have linked your blog with mine since it is one of my favorites! :)
www.makeupbydarcie.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

thank you so much for the support Darcie! :)