Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Beauty + Fall 2011-2012 Makeup Trend Report [trends I'm into, that is]


Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang
Photography: Rummy Makmur
Model: Lauren Loveless @ Stars Model Management SF

*pats myself on the back* For taking further steps at separating my Bridal from Commercial/Fashion work. I am also very proud of this image :) The makeup before and after post processing is barely noticeable! Big *high five* to Rummy Makmur - again, we pulled out ALL the stops! YAY!  Special thanks to AJ for sending us Lauren. We absolutely love her....!

On the day of the shoot, I had a few makeup looks in mind, but after seeing her face, I decided to go with a look fresh off the runway, 2011-12 A/W Gucci show in Milan - I summarize the look as the following:

- Flawless, beautiful "Porcelain" skin
- Perfect vampy lip
- Perfectly Symmetrical Brows
- A lot of mascara - clumpy and sexy
- Classically lightly defined eyes

I definitely had a strong feeling about these lips.. I can't believe it I did this lip 3 times the last MONTH. I had to just get it out of my system, and I am happy to say I probably won't be doing this lip until...whenever it's "in" again! lol!!!!!  That day we also did the D & G Fall look with a twist with the graduated faded lip, but I think that this image above is the strongest from the set.  :) 

And then funny funny thing is when I received my Bazaar Fall Fashion Issue, Coco Rocha rocked this makeup look in those Saks Fifth Avenue ads.  It's funny to me because last fall, I had absolutely NO CLUE what is trendy for fall.  I think my trend predicting antennas are growing a little stronger ;P  This was just one of the looks that I loved loved off of A/W 2011-2012. 

Also found in Bazaar this season - PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL BROWS!!!! oh yes, and FULL too.

Sorry for the caps, but I wanted to say that if you meet 10 makeup artist, 50% will say: "Brows are sisters, not twins", and the other 50% will say: "Brows SHOULD be twins" - and I say: "Brows should be twins in the perfect Grecian tradition" - Symmetry IS beauty I say!! 

And guess what!?!?!? It's the RETURN OF THE PERFECT BROWS! My glory day has returned j/k j/k~  It's just that... I definitely belong to the 50% of the artist who cannot stand asymmetry in brows. Yes, naturally brows are most likely going to be sisters - Only very few people I've met had perfectly symmetrical brows, and when I see them I cannot stop staring at them and admire them with my mouth agape! No brow product or anything, just perfectly symmetrical. I like them longer and fuller - and tamed into perfection. 

If your brows are not perfectly symmetrical, there are ways to shape it to "appear" perfectly symmetrical.  For that, you really need to go to a TRUE brow artiste and not just any esthetician out there ;) 

ALL my clients and models I've worked with know that I am into symmetrical brows...lol....If you come to me with brows, I will most likely inquire if you go see someone for your brows, and if not, why not? What can I say...I just love beautiful brows.  Jordan @ Scout told me she loves how I do her brows~ :) 

What can I say, at least for this season, I WIN! *does a victory dance* 

2 comments:

Jessica Jean Myers - Makeup Artist said...

Love the bold lip look...always a fav. of mine for work and my own personal style

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thank you Jessica! :) yes ! that lip color would look GREAT on you!

I wear that color on my nails~ but lips~ oh it's too high maintenance for me personally hehe :)

And thanks for sharing your precious resource <3 mad love to jessica!