Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Friday, August 26, 2011

Linda & Richard, Villa Montalvo/Saratoga Wedding May 2011



Photography: Junshien International Photographers | Junshien Lau + David Lok/Assistant Photographer
Makeup & Hair: Skyla Arts |  Elizabeth Chang/Makeup & Lead Stylist
     + Carolyn Jean/Hair Stylist & Assistant Makeup Artist + Erika Taniguchi/Assistant
Coordinator: Just a Party Girl | Kathy Chen
Caterer: Cafe Primavera | Kathy Chen
Bakery: Satura Cakes, Pamplemousse Patisserie, and Linda (bride)!
Florist: Pico Soriano Designs | Pico Soriano

Ahhh I am skipping around for my blog posts and wedding chronology! But that's OK, I am just waiting for the photos - but my April bride is a nurse and she is busy saving lives and taking care of her beautiful family and I think that's way more important than my blog being in chronological order! ;P These photos were published yesterday on Junshien's blog and I didn't see it until this morning, which definitely made my morning! Normally (people who worked with me know this...) I like/need to crop my Portrait images so they are perfectly at the same width, but today I'm just happy to be able to post the photos! In the freelance world, you face a lot of rejection (ie: when the client doesn't hire you lol) and sometimes it eats me alive by filling me with self-doubt. I'm still learning how to not take rejection personally, but it's much harder when the service you provide is personal.  What is more personal than somebody's hair and makeup on their wedding?  We're touching you, pulling you, twirling you, we are there with you until the last minute where you need to go get married or take photos - and take the next step in your life!    

I love looking at my client's wedding photos...even though I only know them very briefly during the trial and emailing back and forth, I can't help but feel happy and touched (and a little teary at times) that they feel and look beautiful on their wedding day - oh and of course, an International Photographer, to capture these moments, definitely adds to the estrogen stimulus lol....   These photos will stay with you forever! That's why your photographer and your hair and makeup vendor should be decided FIRST, right? right? :P  When one of the pretty BMs Sirinya shared that she is getting married in Santa Monica in September and she hasn't found a makeup/hair vendor I was like @o@ OMG! Get one now! lol...She later emailed me for referrals and I believe one of my colleagues in LA will be taking good care of her! :)

That day, we did 7 additional services - 6 makeup apps (4 BMs and 2 lovely moms), and 1 blow-out (the beautiful BM with straight hair)! I loved that all the BMs left their hair down and that they were excited about their makeup and false lashes! Carolyn helped me prep and prime the skin, and we were a well-oiled machine! ;)  It was Erika's first time coming with us to a bridal gig, and we were happy to have her help clean our brushes & monitor our schedule.  We stayed on schedule on the DOT *high five girls!* We are a great team~! :)

What a beautiful wedding & beautiful couple! Congratulations again to Linda & Richard! I'm happy that you will have a room for all of Richard's computers! ;)

P.S. You can check out more photos on Junshien's blog and oh he made a beautiful slideshow! Watch in 720P HD! :) 












LOVE this idea! So cute!!! 


*tear*  Linda's mommy is so cute!

I love this image...! It sounds like her BM is saying something really <3-ing! 


I don't know which ones Linda baked but they all look DELICIOUS

cuteness overload!



aww mother and son dance!

<3


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures :D This wedding looks so amazing. Everyone is all teary eyed :) The makeup looks flawless! And the photography is amazing :D Glad you were part of it :D

Jessica Jean Myers - Makeup Artist said...

Gorgeous!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

thanks jen & jessica~ <3 :)

Darcie Watson said...

Gorgeous makeup and pictures! Who doesn't love weddings?? <3

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Darcie: you may be right ~ :) thanks for your kind words!