Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A great week of BREAKAGE!

This is a comic relief from all the seriousness going on in my life!  This week was a fully loaded week...and so is next week! @o@ (Liz's scared face...! *Deep breath!!*)  Liz Yu (Founder/Creator of Yaby Cosmetics) warned me that the larger pans are the ones that break the easiest, but usually my palettes are nicely packed into a bag within a sturdy zucca bag so......well on Wednesday's photo shoot, I was asked to bring a few things to touch up the model and help out~ I'm very glad I went - but when I came back, my PF025 (Beautiful beautiful BRONZER) broke!!!  Ahhhhh! I was like NOOO! That's one of the prettiest colors! Universally flattering almost ! 


And today as I was packing up from my gig as makeup/hair/photographer, my brow zing fell onto the hard floor at the beautiful hotel bathroom!!  And....there goes my brow zing in Light!  

:( other than a thinner wallet, I have some sentimental attachments to these things!  ....I have other bronzers I can use, but I do need a lighter pigmented brow powder! Benefit charges shipping fees so getting one thing from them isn't going to save me money with my pro discount - so I decided to go with smashbox...But!  It's SOLD OUT!!  So...um...well I'll figure something out! But comon come back on stock!  I have to say it was very sad to see them c.r.a.c.k. like that! 

I'll end this comic post with a make up tip!  Some of you probably do this already but I just thought I would share anyways!  *drum rolls...* just kidding just kidding! 

Do you ever have eye makeup remover you weren't terribly fond of? Either it stung, or it just didn't do the job the way you hope it would?  What about body oils (natural - excluding baby oils or anything petroleum based) that you might use for your skin or hair that just didn't suit your skin type (ie: cause break outs, too oil rich and greasy for your hair and skin)?  A great way to use those products up is to use it as a pre-cleanser to your lip and eyeliner/eyebrow brushes!  If your disappointing eye makeup remover does not have oil in it already, then you can mix a few drops of the body oil and then pre-cleanse the waxy material for your waterproof eyeliner/brow brush and also lip brush.  I like to use that first, and then soap or shampoo, and then sanitize afterwards.  

I hope everyone had a great weekend! And hope all of your favorite makeup stays safe and complete! :)

5 comments:

FaceFab said...

Hey girl!!!

That's a complete & total bummer! =(

I am glad you posted about yaby though as I know no one personally who's purchased.
Do you own any other palettes from them?

Here's to replenishing the kit! =P
Ps: I know we discussed & you sent me a vid, but I forgot, did you say you keep your hair stuff in your zucca too?

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Hi Erika! Miss you! I was thinking about you when I was packing my kit the other day~ lol totally random I know~ I think it's because you had the MAC kit and it reminded me of a smashbox one I saw from another makeup artist I met recently!!!

I own lots of Yaby palettes~ Freestyle (one where you can customize...it's empty right now!), Pearl Paints (my first one) Dramatically Neutral, BLush out loud, Inner Glow (blush palette), Powder Foundation in Medium, Finishing Touch (highlight/contour/touch-up)

Here's a photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IDhGuy16rVg/TMMaV4MQmFI/AAAAAAAAB3w/Dpgc6tLgbeo/s400/allie+3+%281%29.jpg

You see the left side? my hair zuca is sitting on top of my regular zuca~ It's a new addition to my kit from IMATs~ I love it~ :)

FaceFab said...

Omg-I just finished reading the post that the pic you sent is in!
I can't tell you how completely excited & happy for you I am!
I just remember what was going on this time last year & look at your busy bee self now!
That is just wonderful =D

Thank you so much for pointing out your new addition. I've finally downsized my compressor (HOORAY 15 less lbs.!) & now I can reduce the kit size to be more travel friendly.

Awesome on the yaby recommedations, I'm certainly going to check those out now.
Also, do they do pro pricing?

Girl, your work is gorgeous & I need to be brave like you & start posting my images.
I'm my own worst critic, sooo what else is new, lol.

HUGS!!!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thanks so much Erika! <3 So lucky to have a friend like you~ Can you believe it's been a year??

Yaby does pro-pricing~ And also, you can order from camerareadycosmetics - which I RECOMMEND because it ships from california, and you don't have to deal with Canadian tax and shipping.handling.

I have to say that with my yaby products, I've tried to reduce but I still need to reduce more! I think I'll get there! I use yaby foundations for all of my shoots now - minus bridal (that depends on the skin)~ and the liquid is oil free so ! I'm thinking of ordering for myself in the future! :)

POST your images erika! if you can mange to do those blogs and put yourself out there, you can put your work out there too! <3 *HUGS!!!!!!!

FaceFab said...

I'm fortunate to have found such a kind soul in you as well.
It's rare in general, but to be in the industry-even more so. I cherish those, like you, that I've been blessed to encounter. I like to share & help whenever possible, (not everyone does) so, I take it seriously.

Oooo they do foundation too?!!? Ok, got busy yesterday, so I will definitely check it out today.

I completely forgot about camera ready! I ordered some rcma from them years ago when I was trying to figure out what to use before airbrushing.

Thank you for the encouragement, if you only knew how long it took me to do those things.
Trust, I seriously felt like a nerve bundle.
Still do lots of times..... =P