Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Preview & Behind the scenes from Beauty Story


Model: June Huang (City Models)
Makeup & Hair: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography: Rummy
Professional fan holder: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) J/K J/K! I did hold and controlled the wind with the huge fan - it was very heavy!! my arms hurt

Above is a preview of the shoot we worked on last night!  Rummy (the Photographer) sent me the preliminary edits to check if I'm OK with his edits.  :) Super nice & considerate of him!

I am sorry for not updating in so long! I've just been really really occupied; there are some other posts I have yet to post! I should get crackin' on those~! But no worries, I will when I'm able to! ^^"  So this beauty story was shot in my home studio! (Which REMINDS ME, I need to post photos of what I've been doing to my home studio! ^^ I guess...check back soon!) This is the first time I "hosted" a photo shoot with another photographer, Rummy, in my apartment! It was a last minute arrangement, as the model who I had arrangements with "cancelled" which left me frantically seeking a replacement. Thank goodness June swooped in and saved the day!  I especially enjoyed June singing along to my playlist I had going - that's something I would do and have done while working - when I'm less stressed out.  I was like: "Wow you like this song too? Yay!!" I went right into working and forgot to take the BEFORE & AFTER photo - we were kind of pressed for time...Sorry!  June said she will send me a mug shot of her. 

So I had originally planned just clean beauty looks, but Rummy was interested to do a second look that involved more "extreme makeup" and so yesterday afternoon I did a face chart like a good girl (or shall I say, good makeup artist!).  This face chart is from drawn by makeup artist Jordon Liberty! I printed it out and photocopied it onto watercolor/aquarell paper, and sat down to plan my makeup look.  I used color pencils for the face chart, but MUFE Flash Colors for the face.  I double-checked and triple-checked that June is not allergic to the red pigments (Carmine, Red 4, cochineal etc.), and she assured me she used it before and had no reactions - I do not want to be liable or send her to the E.R!  But after her assurance, I went ahead and did this - I filled in the products used afterward.   
 

After I was done with the 2nd look! I had her hold it up to her face!! :D Actually, in the end I added 2 gem stones on the antennae. It was my first time doing this kind of look, so I was very nervous~ but I think it went OK! So I'm proud of myself! :D


Above is Rummy changing the lights - we used the wall in between my bathroom/stairways and kitchen! We moved Skyla's treehouse and a mirror~ All in all, I had a great time, and definitely got some great shots for my book (portfolio).  More to come soon!  Till then! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

smilecusiluvu said...

pretty love this look. How did you set the mufe?? with clear powder or es? you should show me your makeup tips!

Michelle.elle said...

You are so talented! The second look is so creative. and lol at the professional fan holder. =P Hope you had a chance to rest your arms. Keep up the great work but remember not to overwork yourself. :)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@smilescuziluvu: Thanks~! If you look closely at the face chart, I listed all the products I used! So in this case, I set it with MUFE HD powder ~ ^^

@Lilly: Thank you! :) I'm happy you laughed at the professional fan holder thing lol~ I thought it was pretty funny~ hehe~ :) I slept 8 hours after the shoot and just collapsed! :)

Unknown said...

woOooow, the butterfly eyes are amazing!

Anonymous said...

that HD powder didn't work for me... :(

i like the sketch and the butterfly on her face. beautiful as always! i missed your post! you need to work on your blog more often! :P

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Jenny: Thanks! :) thanks for stopping by!

@Jojoba: Aww~ how do you use that HD powder?~ What didn't work for you?~ I didn't like it at first, but I use HD for shoots, shu uemura for brides~ hehee~ I'll try to work on my blog more often!