Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Skyla Arts x Shasha


Client (and Model): Shasha
Makeup, Hair and Photography: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
The Wardrobe was provided by the Model.

I have to say...When I picked up my camera to shoot Shasha, honestly I was a bit nervous, because it's been a while since I was behind the camera.  In the past, I've received inquiries about opportunities to "model for me" for my portfolio in exchange for some "free head shots" but while I am not a top photographer or anything to not 'test' at all, I am open to provide 'testing rates.' instead of going through the motions, since I am passionate about what I do. I haven't done makeup/hair/photography all in one since August or so, so while rusty, I got more energized as the shoot progressed! I am very happy with what we were able to achieve in an afternoon - I like more emotive portraits instead of straight off 'glamorous' looks.  I am happy that Shasha was super excited about the results as well! Enjoy the photos! :)


9 comments:

smilecusiluvu said...

beautiful pictures! great photographer and makeup skills =)

Anonymous said...

this is very nice. you maintained her natural look but yet added glamour to her eyes which is something i love. nothing overly done like many other glamour shots i have seen. excellent skills!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

thanks!! :) :) :)!

I had lots of fun (Although it was hard work~~~!) and I really like and enjoy portraying different kinds of beauty~ and so shasha was fun and exciting to work with~ :)

FaceFab said...

Beautiful as always girly & I'm loving all the shots, but there's something about this last one I'm really diggin'
Miss you....
=)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

I miss you to Erika~~!

and you know what!! that photo you like is also one of my Favs! It was one I saw and as I was shooting, I thought: OK we got it~ next look! :D

I like how it was spontaneous, she was just messin' with her hair~ <3 it! ^^

FaceFab said...

It is lovely, it's seems the unplanned shots; that brief unexpected moment captured that can be something fantastic!

emailed you back (after our convo =D ) & hope you're great!
Have news to share whenever you time....
By any chance do you have a BlackBerry?
Keeping in touch would be easier as I could put you on my Berry contacts.
If not, I think there's a way I can add non-Berry users.
=)

Hugs & off to Ulta!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You made her look so beautiful! :)

I too am from the bay area :D

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Erika: I didn't receive your email!!!!!!!!! what's going on with our emailing system?? I'm uber sad! I'm sure it's not in junk mail~~~ What is "berry contacts"? I have an iPhone...so I'm guessing I'm not "berry contacts-eligible?"

@Rainy Days & Lattes: Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm going to check out your blog~ ^^ (as soon as it loads up!)

FaceFab said...

ack!
I was scared that may have happened. =(
But I didn't want to start blowing up your email like a stalker, LOL!

Will try to resend & berry=blackberry (they have their own exchange server & messaging system).
it seems we are at opposite ends of the phone spectrum, lol.
I will give it a go & see if it works by email.