Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Friday, December 25, 2009

Spring 2010 Makeup Trends & Makeup Look FOTD



I've been digging around, checking out magazines and looking at the Spring 2010 makeup releases from the major cosmetic companies - This is just what I summarize/think/discovered/my personal opinions; I'm also not saying that you should pay attention to these colors only! This is just fun! ^^"

Some major points that I organized:
  • Colorful pastel eyeshadow colors - multicolored, transparent, and matte or shimmery; not glittery! Pinks/grassy limes/yellows/earthy oranges/smokey purple & plums/any light earthy tones, (light brown, peach, gold)
  • Thicker foundation with matte finish - not the sheer, dewy look. A light bronze glow is nice, but go easy; It's not summer yet!
  • Pink rosy cheeks
  • Matte bold lips - including reds & bright oranges. And! Nude/ pink shimmery gloss
Top Left Photo:
What I did was start off with a yellow/lime eyeshadow with orange on the outer corners of the lid. I used a cream bronze/brown liner, but you could also use a dark metallic green liner to substitute. On my bottom waterline, I made my own bright green liner with MUFE Flash Color Case using green, yellow, white, and a bit of gold. I used some false lashes just to add some volume to my lashes, not length. For foundation, I went for maximum coverage (my favorite kind!) with liquid/cream foundation+concealer+powder foundation. Light contouring, a faint rose blush & highlights on cheekbones/bridge of nose/chin using iridescent white highlighter. For lips, I used a soft nude/pink shade without lipliner, and just topped it with nude/pink gloss. It would be a great daytime look! Although...

Top Right Photo:
Transformation #1! Real simple: I added purples to the outer V area. It would be easier to gently remove some orange to get the maximum amount of purple to show through, but since I was going for 'transparent' and 'multicolored' I just layered it on top. I personally like how it mixes with the orange. Now you have an evening look! Or if you're me who thinks purple is for any hours of the day, you can wear it during the day for special events. I don't find it overly smokey.

Bottom Left Photo:
Transformation #2 - I changed the lip color to a matte dark red (by mixing a matte brown and bright red lipstick) I do think the darker purple eyeshadow can be worn together, but if we are just following spring 2010, then I would say leave out the purple eyeshadow and keep with lighter eye colors. ^^ But I just wanted to keep transforming...lol~

Bottom Right Photo:
Transformation #3 - Glossy red lips. I also saw this look in magazines - and I personally prefer this over the matte because I don't take as much care of my lips so the matte lip is less flattering. But when topped with a clear gloss, it conceals those flaws.

Below is the full face photos of just the first and second eyeshadow transformations. Sorry for the lighting differences! It's hard to just maintain the same camera light settings for me, since I always just mess with it to see if I could get different stuff. I didn't list all the products used because I think Spring 2010 can be achieved without the brand new Spring 2010 collections! But feel free to ask me about specific products! Alright, I hope you enjoyed reading little ole me's view on Spring 2010! :) Hope everyone's having a great holiday season (in order to prepare for a great spring season!)! :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, i love thee look on the top with the pink lips and the eyes looking like sunset. but i am not so sure if i can wear that super red lips on myself. i don't have such fine skin like yours and more yellow i guess. red lips has never been good on me. i really think you wear it very well.

love the intro of the new look.s thanks a lot.

happy new year to you!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Thanks for your kind words jojoba~! :) but you know, I think your complexion is very similar to my friends' (http://weddings.halbergphotographers.com/slideshows/Chris-and-Elizabeth/) and she wore the dark red on her wedding day. I'm not a huge fan of wearing the red lips because it's hard to apply & maintain and it gets everywhere...I guess maybe something like a lip stain would be better, but I'm actually more of a lip gloss person! :) so I would definitely go with the pink lips instead. :)

Toothfairy said...

I love your photo's and makeup! including the last goofy one!
you did a great job on the eye makeup, I really like it!

loves

FaceFab said...

Sooo diggin' all of these ESPECIALLY the red hot goodness!
You know you have to email that brown/red mix right?
=P

Hugs honey & you look gorgeous as always.
All the best in the New Year if I don't get to talk to you!
=D

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Toothfairy: thanks!! the goofy photo attempted to show the eyeshadow without looking depressed~ ^^

@Erika: happy new year!! It is a combo of a MAC Pro color, Full Chocolate in Matte, and Rimmel 170 Alarm - lasting Finish lipstick, it has a bit more moisture but the overall combo is a more matte look!

Kate Gene said...

That red is the perfect color! I have yet to find a red lipstick that I love. Yours looks amazing!

xx

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Kate Gene: Thanks for stopping by & thanks for your kind words!

The trick is to mix lipstick colors unfortunately...I haven't really found one RED lipstick that I loved either! I'm a bit hesitant to look into YSL/Guerlain/Lancome, etc because I get intimidated by those counters lol~! It's silly, I know. I guess I could also go to sephora but I feel they probably have less selections.

FaceFab said...

Hey girlie!

Miss ya & tried to get in touch a couple of times, but it bounced back.

Email when you can...

Hugs!
=)