Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Monday, December 7, 2009

Marita's Before & After + Behind the scenes


Last Friday I had the pleasure to work with the talented photographer Gu Yifei, Stylist Michelle Tan, and beautiful models, Radilina and Marita. Yifei wanted to recreate the oil painting look - above is the before & after of Marita. I was in charge of the makeup for the two ladies and the other artist, Janet took care of the two male models. There was King, Queen, Prince & Princess! Michelle did most of the work with their hair and I assisted by curling and teasing the hair. At first we thought Yifei wanted big hair for both models, but it turns out for Marita, Yifei wanted more "princess curls." We tried our best to undo the teasing, and I think Michelle really saved the day (or the hair!) :) Because parking in SF was pretty stressful for me, once I sat down I got started with Radilina right away and forgot to take her before & after photo! Silly me! Below is a snapshot after she was done with her portion of the shoot. The redness on her nose is due to nose-blowing; so many people were sick on set! Flu/Cold season is really here! I was really proud of Radilina's makeup; my little Canon Powershot doesn't do it justice; I didn't bring my regular camera because I had too many things to carry! I can't wait to see the final photos! I'd like to thank Yifei & Radilina for letting me try out this look I've been wanting to try! I will post the photos when they come out! Until then...!

1 comment:

FaceFab said...

Looks absolutely freakin FAB-U-LOUS girl!

Oh man, I wish we were closer & could work together!

Fantastic job!
=D