Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sara & Conrad in San Francisco...or Paris? {Summer 2012, photographed by Matt Edge}

Photography: Matt Edge
Makeup, Hair + Men's grooming: Elizabeth Chang (me!)
Styling: Matt + Allison
Models: Conrad @ Stars, Sara @ Scout

Last summer I posted the teaser for the "Behind the Scenes" from this shoot and discussed some of the Fall Trends on the runway.  Even though the photos were up on my portfolio (wink wink...I have updated my bridal website's slideshow + commercial print portfolio) but I post more images on the blog! Enough babbling!! 

We were going for a Parisian vibe, but it was shot in the beautiful windy San Francisco! 

I am so pleased with this set! All of the photos were shot on film photography - the colors and richness!      To my knowledge, most film photographers do not spend a lot of time in photo shop, so I try to make the subjects look as perfect as possible for every frame. I love the film look and I am thrilled with how the hair/makeup/grooming turned out too! Woohoo!  ^.~ The middle to last part of 2012 I had a lot of men's grooming jobs, either working on CEOs or for print work on male models ages 20-40.  I am quiet enjoying it more than before!  While men 'take less time' or could be thought of as 'easier' compared to woman, I have to say it's definitely a balance making it look like they are not wearing any makeup at all, and their hair natural but 'well groomed.' It's actually a lot of fun styling men's hair - it kind of feels like 'molding clay' or something into a mini sculpture, but it's actually hair! Fun! 

Matt posted the photos on his blogs - I selected a few different ones to highlight because I'm trying to showcase my makeup/hair work but I really love how he put it together! The wonderful thing is Matt moved from LA to the SF area, and so we'll be working together again! Very excited to work with Matt again!  Previously I had to go to LA to work with Matt, or wait for him to come up to the SF area en route to work a wedding in Napa/Sonoma! 

P.S - Matt shoots beautiful weddings as well as fashion/commercial/lifestyle work {Matt Edge Wedding Photography} so if you are a bride-to-be for 2013/2014, please check his work out! 




 


No comments: