Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Monday, November 12, 2012

Makeup & Hair for Tart Collections Winter+Holiday 2012


It finally feels like Winter here in the Bay Area! I am excited to share these images that I did the makeup & hair - I worked on the on-location ones and not the in-studio photos of the look book.  It took place in a beautiful historical home for Tart Collections Winter/Holiday 2012 look book.  I was pleasantly surprised that the above image from our shoot also ran as an advertisement, first in September's Collector's edition of Harper's Bazaar, then again in the 40th Anniversary Edition of W Magazine! I found out about Harper's Bazaar in August through Tart Collection's facebook/instagram page, but the W Magazine was the huge surprise for me - like a shock wave.  I was just browsing my magazine casually...and BAM it was there! I know and understand that having an ad run in the print is not the same as having the cover & cover story or a full-blown editorial featured in W or Harper's Bazaar, but seeing it in print was still an emotional experience for me, particularly because I actually subscribe to these two magazines and of course, aspire to be featured in it! It is particularly surreal because I am so used to seeing the glossy ads, and I was admiring the perfect ad for Dolce & Gabbana makeup ad featuring Scarlett Johansson and showing my husband how perfect it looks...It really is shocking to be in the same magazine, printed really really big!  The gorgeous model is Larisa from Stars Model Management SF.  

You can see the entire lookbook here - and also found on the website is a little behind the scenes video of the on-location day. If you look closely you will find me combing her hair and watching the set.  I'm truly grateful for the people who are willing to give me a chance and do work that I love doing....! Hopefully I will get to do more soon...! ;) 






I have 2 weddings left for 2012, and I'm excited to take it easy (well, easier...!) and prepare for an exciting 2013 ahead.  I do plan to catch-up on everything I missed blogging in 2012...! We'll see how well I do! 

In the mean time, if you follow me on Instagram, you can find out what I've been up to! Some behind the scenes, snapshots of recent brides, cat photos and other funny captures.  

No comments: