Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Make Love!



Happy Valentines Day!

Towards the end of last January, I volunteered in a community art project! The team collected polaroids of people's lips and then you would pick up somebody else's lips to get your portrait taken!  The portraits will then be auctioned off to raise money for First Exposures, a youth photography mentor program that provides art mentoring for underserved youth. The gallery opening & auction will take place on:

February 27th from 6-9 pm
SF Camerawork - 1011 Market St @6th, 2nd Floor

Featuring the portraits Daniel Castro took that weekend! So if you are in town and are free that evening, definitely go check out the exhibit!  :) 

The shoot took place at the Yerba Buena Gardens, and since I was working on Saturday, I could only volunteer my Sunday!  You can check out the behind the scenes video where you can catch me paint the lips of the participants before they took their polaroid! This was my set up for the day!! At first I thought "omg that many lips! I need to go out and get lipstick" so I ran to buy supplies - but it turns out I didn't really need to buy all that stuff!  Good thing I can still use it for other stuff! 
Before I started, I'd ask the participant if they want something natural, or something adventurous!! Most people opted for natural, but a few brave souls wanted something fun! Kim (Daniel's intern) suggested I did the Japanese Geisha Lips - that was certainly a fun one!


One lady asked me to draw a heart on the side of her lips so that she will be able to find her lips! Voila - there it is! EASY to spot! ;)

And then another participant was adventurous and wanted to try out the Yellow colored Lip Tar from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (the color is Traffic)!   
I was also happy to see some familiar faces - Ashley & Alana from Look Models! <3 <3 <3
It was really nice to participate in this community event! I really enjoyed it - especially the cause is for the arts, and it's local!!! While it's nice to help out for causes around the world, for me if it's possible, I prefer if it's closer to home and more immediate.  As a believer of karma, after volunteering I came home with 5 inquiries! :)  lol...

Either way - Spread the L.O.V.E.!  

Be sure to like the Make Love facebook page to find out the latest updates! 

1 comment:

safire said...

THIS IS SO CUTE!!!

Happy valentine's day to you too :)