Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Published cover & 6 page spread



Model: Ryan Guzman @ Look
Makeup: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Photography/Hair/Wardrobe Styling: Ian Maxion

Last week was kind of a tough week...with a lot of not-so-positive things happening. Getting my second cover, and my first 6 page spread would have been something really exciting, but the magazine omitted my name in the credits, as well as the model's name.  I asked around, and apparently it happens more often than I thought - the magazines don't really care about how important receiving name credit is for makeup artists...well anyways...Rant over..!  The up-side is, the spread turned out really nice~! No matter what, I'm still very proud of my work, and our work together.  If you want to view the online issue of the magazine, you can click here! The shot of Ryan jumping in the air is pretty amazing~ I didn't select it out for my portfolio previously because I thought you can barely see his face (for my makeup/grooming purposes of my portfolio) but now I'm thinking of sticking it back in there!

I've had to do a lot of thinking about my growing business. Because it will be encompassing 3 different facets (Bridal, Fashion/Commercial, Skincare), I'll most likely split it into 3 so that there's more focus.  It's just a matter of.. there's only one of me, and so many things to do before I'm happy with the way Skyla Arts is organized! Ahh...!  I'm currently working on 1/3~ anyhow - hope everyone had a nice weekend and enjoy the photos! 



2 comments:

FaceFab said...

I am soo super happy for you & proud!
Of course it was going to be nothing short of fantastic Liz b/c you are truly truly awesome like that!

Congrats!!!!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

T.T thanks erika~~ ! *HUGS*