Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Introducing...Harmony Skin Solutions!


I am excited and proud to introduce Harmony Skin Solutions! I tried my best to blog more, but with the truth is, I've been busy going to advanced training courses and launching my new skin care business along with my friend and esteemed classmate Liliana Aranda whom I've met from Aveda - a spankin' new (mainly) on-location spa and chemical peel service.  The product line we chose to use on our clients is the reputable PCA Skin - one of the few brands cited on medical/dermatology textbooks.  We hope to help men and women obtain and maintain healthy skin by fitting skin care services into your busy schedules.  So! If you are in the Bay Area, don't hesitate to book your appointment soon!!! :)

Just to share a little bit of the story of Liz & Liliana, we got along at the get-go on our first day attending Cinta Aveda Institute.  As esthetic students, we would perform services on each other in the intro-phase of our studies (before doing it on clients at the clinical-phase). The thing is, we had 10 hours of class a day, and I had to wake up early to commute to San Francisco, so by the time we are exchanging service, it was like my nap time - I was OUT.  So when Liliana was treating my skin, and doing the massages on me, it was then she saw a green color, a distinct Reiki experience! (For those unfamiliar with Reiki, please check out the Wikipedia link! ^o^).  For further details of how it happened, you would need to ask Liliana since I was completely asleep!  But during the course of intro phase, Liliana experienced the green color twice with me (while I was asleep!) The green color corresponds with the Heart Chakra - most commonly associated with harmony, creativity & nature.  I know to many it might sound a bit mystic, and at first I was very intrigued because it was my first time learning about Reiki, but it made perfect sense that we would experience the harmony color, as it exemplifies our relationship.  It was a mere coincidence that during our first official business meeting, I pulled out my netbook sleeve and it had the birds on a tree branch, and Liliana was wearing a necklace with a silhouette of a bird sitting on a branch!

The funny thing is...I decided that I wanted Maria to be on our website and brochure for advertisement, and now I REALIZE subconsciously, I also picked her because of her GREEN eyes and the color of her hair - very earthy.  I did her makeup/hair and photography with my *new* lights.  I am excited for all the  potential growth in my business as an esthetician, and also as an artist.

1 comment:

BitchingBeauty said...

Yes, so my experience from my side of the table was that the first time I experienced Reiki of ANY kind was with Liz. I noticed her lip on her left side twitch a little AT THE SAME TIME that I felt a spark and saw a puff of curling green smoke that looked like it was smoldering a bit and twirled into the air with 3 and a half revolutions. It was stunning to say the least. I was very flabbergasted so I had to ask Steph our educator about it. Having no clue what Reiki is, what I had experienced and why, I was very dubious to believe any of it. But then within a month or so I had another such experience with Liz in class. And that was just as stunning. A 3rd time, Liz and I saw the same flash of light while on the clinic floor while working on other guests. I saw 3 flashes of light that resembled a white-blue light that was so intense it left the impression on my eyelids!!

I've experienced green, white-blue, pink (3 times) and recently a blue-white light that had lasting and physical effects. I will be the first to say I didn't believe it until I saw it and now I am a true believer—there is some power to the colors that I experience. I am not one you'd call a hippie or mystic. In fact, I am the skeptic! But after so many colors and experiences I can't help but understand that this is something amazing that I felt and continue to feel!