Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

June & Gary - Lifestyle/Commercial


Models: June (City Models) & Gary
Men's Grooming, Makeup, Hair & Photography: Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts)
Wardrobe StylingElizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) & June

Finally an update! The photo above looks so weird resized - it looks like there's something on her cheeks but there really isn't! GrrrRrrr! Please click on the photos to view the full version! After receiving feedback from the agency, I decided to take matters into my own hands (the matter of improving my portfolio!), and called up June to ask if she knew any male models to add to our already planned lifestyle shoot on Saturday, and June also took matters into her hands and found me 2 great candidates, found the location, and then we told Gary what to wear ;) I really don't have a background in fashion, but was really inspired by a yellow umbrella and we were hoping to find one, but we ended up with a yellow hat, and its complementary color, purple - and voila! Spring is here!  Grabbing Peet's Coffee was totally spontaneous (Gary's Idea), and it was a great prop! :) Here is June's before & after photo for hair and makeup! It took me 1 hr - I'm improving my speed, so I was super happy.


I started a new picasa Lifestyle/Commercial Gallery. You can sneak peak my other recent project! ;)









I realize that controlling every aspect of the shoot makes me appear like a control freak but really I'm not a control freak! Sometimes it's much easier to reach a goal when you need to coordinate less people and if you have something specific you need! :) All in all I had a great time! There's more photos to come but...I'm really tired and need a break from photo-editing!

2 comments:

smilecusiluvu said...

great job!

p chan said...

i love the model's clothes! the purple gives a very "Spring" feeling! nice work with the hair and makeup!