Welcome to Skyla Arts!

Skyla Arts by Elizabeth Chang is serving the Bay Area and strives to provide makeup and photography that satisfies the client 100%!

For initial consultation and appointments, please email liz@skyla-arts.com or call 323-346-7599 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.

Site Navigation & Networks

Saturday, August 28, 2010

More Leila* & Rummy



Photography: Rummy Makmur
Makeup : Liz (Skyla Arts)
Model: Leila*

More Leila*! Photography by Rummy~!  The top photo is Leisha's pick, and the bottom one is my pick.  :)

It's been a little bit overwhelming here because my husband and I are currently purchasing a property....Which means...A lot of errands/contractors/handyman/packing/unpacking!  But the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel is I'll have an entire room as a studio and facial room! :) Right now I'm using an entire living room area s the studio, and one of the bedrooms as a living room, but now we can have a living room, and a separate studio room!  So excited!!!  It'll probably be ready by November! 

So I was checking if I had any new comments and my followers have decreased from 52 to 51! Oh no! Super sad! lol~!  I've been watching a seminar from a photographer when I can, and she blogs everyday! If I blogged everyday, would I get more visitors and followers? :) If I blogged what sort of topics would people want to read? :)

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Liz I dunno how you don't crave for products being an MA and all. I'm a novice and just like to play around with makeup and I crumble everytime someone puts a bow on something :(

How exciting for you and your hubby with the new property. Buying can be stressful but it'll be awesome once you get your new place with all the space for a new studio :D Do you usually use it when you do freelance makeup for people?

My boyfriend is coming back in January...probably no visiting till he comes back. I need to find a job! LOL

And btw, it makes me sad too when I lose followers...since...someone actually went out of their way to unfollow you! But I enjoy your posts Liz, especially your other blog about Skyla! hahaha

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

oh Tammy, I hope you didn't feel like I was looking down on your urge to buy! @o@! It's just for me personally - I'm always a promoter of using up products and truly experiencing the product and evaluate it for repurchase. 5 years ago I had trouble resisting as well, but then because I'm not rolling in the dough as a student or now as a freelancer, I really have to watch my budget. Then, there's the heaviness factor in the kit - too much stuff makes organizing/packing/unpacking/cleaning such a pain and... If I buy things for myself it's another story, but I guess what it comes down to is: Do I need REALLY this?" and the answer is usually no! And part of me feels like what I have at home really works so...that's me! :)

Right now my studio space is the first floor of our rented townhome, and I have had bridal trials and make up lessons, and photo shoots down there! I'll miss it! But having a new room dedicated with a dedicated bathroom next to it will be super nice! Plus facial room! :D :D :D :D I wish I could skip the moving part and have my stuff magically transported!

:( good luck with the job hunting! I'm on the same boat..with a mortgage and everything, and freelance being unstable income, I'd like to find at least a part-time position! @o@ Resume, cover letters...here we go! Thanks Tammy, for supporting my blogs! :) :)

augustalolita said...

these photos are stunning!! she's beautiful <3

Agatha said...

Fantastic work once again! I love the second photo most:)

Congrats on the new property and I wish you and your hubby lots of luck and many happy times in your new house. I hope that you'll post some pics of your studio.

I've had some followers unfollow me as well - yeah it's sad, you kind of think "gosh what have I done wrong" ...

www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

PinkOrchids said...

Wow, you are amazing!! I'm so in love with your make-up skills!!! Especially the jewellery models, they look absolutely stunning!! Don't worry about a follower "unfollowing", i've followed you =)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

@Pink Orchids: Thanks so much for your support! :)